Thursday, June 5, 2014

Days 49, 50, 51, 52: Finisterre (5/19, 5/20, 5/21, 5/22/14)

Anne and Peter left the next day to return to their pre-Camino lives
and the rest of their journeys.

I wandered around getting further in touch with my inner beach girl -
although, in reality, she's never that hard to find.



and I imagined a retirement spent in Spain.


I struggled with the language 
but was SO excited one evening when I was SURE I had gotten it across 
that I wanted the dressing on the side
of my avocado and shrimp salad.
And apparently, I did - 
see the packets of dressing in the upper right corner?

There was even another beautiful sunset
although rain completely changed the dynamics of the evening -
as did viewing it alone.




I reflected a lot
and I know there's not a single thing about my Camino I would have changed.

I'm not sure why the Camino chose me;
I'm not sure why I responded and said yes.
I do know it's not for everyone.
But then again, one year ago, 
I wouldn't have believed it was for me either, 
so what do I know...

I do know it was the most amazing thing I'll never do again!


No comments:

Post a Comment