Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 32: Villafranca del Bierzo - LaFaba (5/2/14)

It had been a perfectly dreadful night at the albergue -
some villager, with a toxic combination of drunkenness and mental illness, 
had been screaming and banging on the albergue doors, literally for hours;
the hospitaleros took forever to respond -
or were unable to defuse the situation in an effective manner - 
and there was ongoing chaos from 2-4:30am.

At first light, I was more than ready to leave.
The mornings walk was on a path alongside a major highway on the right 
and rapidly moving rivers on the left - 
the noise of which provided a very welcome buffer for traffic noise.

The sense that my 'emotional Camino' was over continued to linger - 
and it felt like I was merely going through the motions.

 There was a familiarity to the scenes that morning 
and it didn't take me long to realize it was exactly like walking 
in Spearfish Canyon, South Dakota



or along the Turnpike in Pennsylvania!

In a perfect example of how I unconsciously configure my external realities 
to match my internal states, my camera died mid-morning. 
I hadn't been paying attention and the battery lost its charge.

Yeah; totally got it.
There was no energy left -
and I lost my 'third eye' 
which always helps me see things more clearly.

It was a long haul to LaFaba -
and the brief note in my journal
seemed to sum it up -

I am SO over this!

No comments:

Post a Comment