Thursday, June 5, 2014

Day 40: Azrua - O Pedrouzo (5/10/14)

 Hard to believe that after months of planning and preparation
and after weeks of walking,
I was within spitting distance of Santiago.

Walking through eucalyptus forests, 
literally soaking up the smell.

As our pace slowed 
(yeah, I know... hard to believe I could get any slower!)
conversations between Anne and I deepened.
Discussions of faith, vocation, calling,
responding to call and obedience -
particularly obedience to whom.

We were alike in so many ways - 
particularly in living lives of poverty and chastity -
some of us don't take vows for these things, 
they just happen due to life circumstance -
a vow of obedience was about the only thing missing from my resume!
Just call me 'Sister Donna' - 
(which, funny enough, several people DID call me in the ER!)

The decision was made to walk to Finisterre together - 
and I was glad Santiago wouldn't mark the end of our friendship.

Thoughts and information from home had begun to creep into my Camino -
including the news that both my dogs had been attacked by my house sitters dog.
attacked to the point of needing hospitalization at the vets, drains and stitches.
Damn and double damn.

I had also had two work related dreams -
I could already sense that 're-entry' was going to be rough 
after being off the grid for so long!

But, I had another 2 weeks of Spain time to go -
I was determined to get all I could from it!

Those other things would be waiting for me when I got back...

No comments:

Post a Comment