Thursday, May 29, 2014

Day 9: Pamplona - Zariquiegui (4/09/14)

The next morning, the decision was made that I would continue on my own...

Mary wanted to stay in Pamplona for additional sight seeing - 
and, while I was willing to stay and poke around a little longer,  
I was eager to get out of town and back on the 'real' Camino.

As I said earlier, there's no right or wrong way to do this. 
We each find what works for us.

Since I left town mid-morning
and since spring/going into summer was now apparent,
my pace was very leisurely
(alright, it was slow),
but I just couldn't muster up a compelling reason to speed through the day.
So I didn't...

I watched spring unfold.

First on the path -



 (although some venues clearly didn't get the 'spring' memo)
and then in the courtyard of an ancient church
feeling a soft wind on my face
(and my legs cramping - but no one ever said it would all be perfect!)
while listening to bees buzzing,
and birds singing.







It was one of those rare Camino days 
in which I was simply happy to be where I was.

There was nothing I needed to prove, 
or do, 
or accomplish -

beyond paying attention -
and being grateful.

THAT I can do.

It was a lovely day.

No comments:

Post a Comment