Friday, May 30, 2014

Day 14: Torres del Rio - Logrono (4/14/14)

Whining alert:
This was NOT a good day!
The Camino was very bi-polar -
the highs were very high and the lows were very low.
We walked up and down mountains all day.
It was hot;
there was NO shade,
we were walking for miles on crushed rocks;
my feet were killing me;
I had small blood blisters on each heel,
the balls of my feet were throbbing 
and each step felt like I was walking on ground glass.

I was SO tired;
the whole idea of walking the Camino felt not only ridiculous but abusive.
It literally felt like I couldn't go on.

Trouble was, in order to get somewhere where I could give up and go home, 
I had to walk there!

So, I found beauty where I could -
and kept moving


(I'm telling you this could be South Dakota!)
Somehow, the day passed.

Just so you know -
staying on the Camino was a conscious choice I had to make,
nearly every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment